Purpose of the foundation
(§ 2 of the statutes of the Stiftung Alfried Krupp Kolleg Greifswald)
(1) The purpose of the foundation is to support academic studies and research at the Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald by running the Alfried Krupp Wissenschaftskolleg.
(2) The foundation's purpose is fulfilled in particular by
- supporting focal areas of research at the Ernst Moritz Arndt University,
- bringing together academics from different disciplines to co-operate on focal topics,
- supporting interdisciplinary research projects,
- cultivating international academic relationships, with a focus on the Baltic Sea region
- supporting young academics
In connection with this purpose, living and working facilities are provided for visiting academics.
(3) For this purpose the foundation maintains an Institute building with annexes in the town centre of Greifswald. The Institute co-operates with other academic institutions at home and abroad and makes a public impact by means of suitable events.
(4) The Foundation pursues exclusively and directly charitable purposes in the meaning of the section "Tax-privileged purposes" of the German Tax Code.
(5) the Foundation's activities are altruistic; it does not primarily pursue its own economic advantage.
(6) The Foundation's means may only be used for purposes conforming to its regulations.
27/05/13 ENTFÄLLT: Literature on Screen: New Approaches
Alfried Krupp Fellow Lecture
28/05/13 Wissen aus zweiter Hand. Modelle der sozialen Erkenntnistheorie
Vortragsreihe „Wissen. Erkenntnis. Gehirn“