Call for Applications for Participating in the International Summer School "(Ze)Ukraine: Challenges of Hybridity"
XXV. Greifswalder Ukrainicum, 9 – 21 August 2021
The “Greifswalder Ukrainicum” is an international summer school on science, culture and language of Ukraine, organised by the Alfried Krupp Wissenschaftskolleg Greifswald and the University of Greifswald. It is funded by the Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach-Stiftung, Essen, Germany. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this year´s summer school will take place in a digital format.
Ukrainian language courses and seminars provide the unique opportunity to learn more about Ukraine in its diversity. Film screenings, public lectures as well as a panel discussion funded by the Heinrich Böll Foundation complement the program and offer further views on Ukraine.
This year the seminars will be the following:
- Per Rudling (Lund): Making Ukraine: Construction of a National History in the Post-Soviet Polity (language of instruction: English)
- Matthias Schwartz (Berlin): „Diener des Volkes”. Populärkulturen und Populismus im digitalen Zeitalter (language of instruction: German)
- Inna Melnykovska (Budapest): ZeUkraine? Демократія з вадами, капіталізм з любими друзями та суспільство стартапів
- (language of instruction: Ukrainian)
- Oksana Huss (Bologna): N.N.
- Oleksandr Chertenko (Gießen): Geschichtenüber Blutsbrüder und Separatisten. Der Krieg im Donbass in der Literatur und im Kino (language of instruction: German)
We are also very glad to welcome the following speakers in our evening program:
- Anka Feldhusen (German ambassador in Kyiv),
- Maryna Bardina (member of the Ukrainian parliament),
- Nastja Stanko (journalist from L’viv), Vasyl Rasevych (Center for Urban History in L’viv),
- Olena Petrenko as well as Oleksandr Zabirko (both University Bochum)
More detailed information on the seminars and the summer school will soon be published here:
- sufficient knowledge of English
- distinct interest in Ukraine
- preferably student or PhD candidate
Please submit your application with the following attachments (compiled in one pdf document):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of Records
- a letter of motivation outlining your distinct interest in Ukraine and your motivation to participate in the Ukrainicum of not more than 2,500 signs.
Application deadline: 23 June 2021
Alfried Krupp Wissenschaftskolleg Greifswald
Melina Hubel M. A.
Martin-Luther-Straße 14 · 17487 Greifswald
Phone +49 3834 420 5014