Rooms for Events
The lecture hall is in the Kolleg building’s west wing, on the side facing the cathedral. It seats around 130 people and is the main location for events and conferences held by the Alfried Krupp Wissenschaftskolleg.
An extensive lighting system together with the expansive window facade and large glass doors ensure the right lighting at all times. The integrated projection system and connected devices help speakers use multimedia presentations for their lectures.
The audio system ensures that the speaker’s voice can be heard well throughout the room and that discussion comments from the audience can be transmitted with the help of several portable wireless microphones. Of course it is also possible to play sound clips.
The lecture hall, which is on a slightly lower level than the foyer, is accessible by stairs or an elevator.
The conference room is located on the first upper level of the Kolleg. This room is the second largest room that can be used for events (after the lecture hall). It is best suited for symposia, seminars and conferences with a limited number of participants.
In the conference room, 30 participants can be seated at the tables. The large windows reveal a view of Greifswald’s St. Nikolai Cathedral. At the same time, the room’s technical equipment allows for it to be darkened to block out intense sunlight or for projection purposes. Mobile media are available for presentations, and the room can be reached with an elevator.
The seminar room is suited especially for seminars, workshops and working groups of up to 20 participants. It has a moveable whiteboard that includes a blackboard. In addition, mobile presentation technology can be used in this room. It is located on the ground floor of the Kolleg’s building directly next to the lecture hall.
The cafeteria offers space for 40 people at modern bistro tables. In the back area, there are rooms for preparing food. The cafeteria itself has a large counter that is perfect for serving a cold or warm buffet. The room has large windows and glass sliding doors. Because the full-height glass doors can be opened to the main hall of the Kolleg building if needed, at large events additional guests can be served at standing tables in the main hall.
From spring to late summer, the bistro tables in the inner courtyard invite visitors to take their conference breaks outdoors.
On the building’s ground floor there is a large exhibition area between the lecture hall and the cafeteria that can be used for exhibitions and poster presentations.
On the first upper level, in front of the conference room there is an additional exhibition area that can be used for poster presentations. This area can also be reached easily with an elevator.
You are welcome to book our rooms for your events - if necessary, we can also prepare an individual offer and are happy to fulfill your particular needs to the extent possible.
Upon request, you can also stop by to see our rooms and get information, e.g. about the technical equipment.
Contact partner: Kathleen Carls
Phone +49 3834 420 - 5001
Fax +49 3834 420 - 5005
|Room||Capacity persons||Times of use||Rent per event and day||Equipment|
|Lecture hall||130||Mo - Fr 8:00 - 22:00 Sa as agreed||386.00 EUR||permanent LCD projector DVD/CD Video PC presentation visualizer, microphones, WIFI|
|Conference room||30||Mo - Fr 8:00 - 22:00 Sa as agreed||348.00 EUR||slide projector, overhead, transportable LCD projector, WIFI|
|Seminar room||20||Mo - Fr 8:00 - 22:00 Sa as agreed||130.00 EUR||slide projector, overhead, transportable LCD projector, WIFI|
|Cafeteria||40||Mo - Fr 8:00 - 22:00 Sa as agreed||147.00 EUR||none|
|Exhibition Area on the Ground Floor||Mo - Fr 8:00 - 22:00 Sa as agreed||200.00 EUR||none|
|Exhibition Area on the Upper Floor||Mo - Fr 8:00 - 22:00 Sa as agreed||100.00 EUR||none|
|Foyer||Mo - Fr 8:00 - 22:00 Sa as agreed||100.00 EUR||none|
Staff per Hour:
caretaker / technician: 20.00 EUR
reception / supervision: 20.00 EUR
Poster walls per day each:
rental: 2.00 EUR
Bar tables per day each:
rental: 5.00 EUR
§ 1 Rooms, purpose of use, users, conditions
(1) Rooms in the meaning of these regulations are the auditorium, the seminar room, the conference room, the exhibition areas on the ground floor and on the first floor and the cafeteria.
(2) Events in the meaning of these regulations are lectures, conferences, information events, seminars, readings, exhibitions etc. not held by the Alfried Krupp Wissenschaftskolleg or the Stiftung Alfried Krupp Kolleg. As a matter of principle the rooms may not be used for events of a private nature.
(3) The rooms may be use at the times and under the conditions shown in the table attached, as long as they are not needed for the Foundation's or the Alfried Krupp Wissenschaftskolleg's own purposes. Outside the times stated and on Saturdays and Sundays the rooms may be used only in exceptional cases.
(4) The rooms are as a matter of principle not available to parties and political organizations for their political work.
§ 2 Procedure for applying to use rooms
(1) Those interested in using rooms must apply in writing to the administration of the Stiftung Alfried Krupp Kolleg at least 4 weeks before the date planned. The administration will decide on the application after due assessment of the circumstances and within the possibilities given.
(2) Before use a written agreement on use will be concluded with the user.
§ 3 Fees
(1) For the use of the rooms a fee is to be paid to cover the costs (cleaning, heating, electricity, use of furniture and equipment).
(2) The level of the fee depends on the capacity and comfort of the room intended, the equipment required or present and any additional expenses. The rates are part of these regulations [...]. The fees may be adapted to demand and the inflation index.
(3) The fee to be paid is owed from the signing of the agreement on use and is due 14 calendar days before the beginning of the event.